06 October, 2013

Dole Philippines School



This here is Dole Philippines School. The school I've been in for almost about twelve years counting Kindergarten and Prep. I didn't really take much pride into this school because honestly I thought it was boring and ugly. The more that I didn't appreciate it when I grew up because of all the nosy teachers and there evil doings to brain wash us students. I hope they're not reading this blog because I don't mean to offend them (that much), but anyways I'm just kidding. 
When I my friends from other schools hear the acronym DPS (Dole Philippines School) they think of our language right away because DPS is an English speaking community. To those of you who don't know; English is very important in DPS because of the different ethnic groups we have here in DPS. The Tagalogs dominate this school, second are the Cebuanos, followed by the Ilonggos and that's not all of it. Other students here know how to speak in Chinese, Spanish and Hindi. This is why English is very important here, so the next time you try to judge our school think of the many students that wouldn't have understand each other if we didn't speak in English. It's not just for show.

As To the teachers here in DPS. Well aside from giving misery to children, they have been known for being really sociable to the parents of the students. They don't tend to have very tight relationships with the students nor the parents, but they sure do know how to spend a great time with them, especially when it comes to the Ilonggo teachers because they're always the funniest. We have different kinds of teachers here in DPS. One of the teachers, who happens to be my adviser, is a bit of a joker and as I said he's funny because he's Ilonggo. The nice teacher and the wild one, but can be very mean and aggressive sometimes. There are teachers who are "Bear Grylls-like" the one who talks mostly about his childhood adventures and how he would prefer living on the jungles of the Amazon rather than living in the modern civilization of man-kind. Other teachers who are a bit socially award when it comes to romantic relationships. Teachers who are still single but live life happily. We have strict Math teachers and who are the same times sport gurus when it comes to soccer or basketball because they believe in the phrase "No Pain, no gain". Other teachers here are conspiracists and start making a reasonable explanation to whatever happened to the Germans after WWII or what was the real reason behind Napoles's "Pork Barrel Scam". No two teachers have the same character and that's what I like about this school because when you look into the lives of this teachers it's almost as if you're watching a reality T.V. show and the seasons stop when you graduate.


The principal, well I can't say much about her because she's been the principal for about ten years and I don't really know the reason why. If she's reading this blog let me just say she's the best principal ever. I may be just saying that so I don't get my ass expelled but the truth is, yes I am just saying that so that I wouldn't get my ass kicked out.

To all of the students in DPS, just keep following out motto "Well-Rounded". These students here call me NiƱo. My family has been known in this school ever since my uncles and aunts first came here to DPS. We, my brother and cousins, who are currently studying here, are known as the Tan's. I don't want to do something stupid again to bring the honor of my family down that's why I play it cool in this school. The students here in DPS are known for being nice. Sure, they're "nice" most of them that is. Like the teachers we have different kinds of students here in DPS too. We have the A class students who always make it into the honor's list even when it looks like they don't even try. They always are the teacher's lap dogs (wait let me say that again). What I met to say was "pets" because they always seem to do the teachers biding because they seem to get the job done no matter what. We have the athletic types, the type of guys who spend most of their time playing on the soccer field or the basketball court. Here in DPS the athletic types are also the smart ones because if they get a grade lower than C+ they are disqualified for any competitions. The next clique is the gamer group. These guys huddle up together and start talking about the latest gaming news and top 10 video games of the year. They don't really like socializing with other people especially when it come's to athletic types and girls. The second type are the party animals, also known as the drinkers. These guys blow their minds off  when it comes to the word "liqour". They hangout with each other and start getting drunk in other peoples houses because they think it's "fun". Then start regretting over the hangovers they have in the morning. Then finally the music lovers show up at the bottom of the inverted pyramid. They spend all day listening to there songs or playing the guitar in there classrooms. There are different kinds of students there in DPS, from sassy girls to socially awkward boys. If you're wondering where I belong. I manage to fit in in all groups. All groups except the alcoholics. I'm not socially awkward or neither am I a bully. I'm just a guy who likes making friends.

DPS has taught me how to be really friendly. It all started when I was Kinder here in DPS. My first teacher ever was Ms. Cherry. She was really nice and she taught me a lot. She taught me how to make stories just by looking at the pictures. That's what I did before when I would bring a book to school and didn't know who to read it. I just looked at the pictures and started making my own stories. This is why I became someone who is so interested in making stories for other people to enjoy. I love stories and I love how I make people happy and making them smile just because of my stories. I thank Ms. Cherry for everything she taught me. Ms. Cherry, if you're reading this blog. I hope I made you proud as a student. This is Mt_Path and I approve this message.


No comments:

Post a Comment