04 October, 2013

Friends By Chance

I thought that the world was vastly big. That people you see that walk along the roads of the city will never be seen again. I was wrong. This is the story of how three boys found each other. 



Rain (left) was a new student when I was in the third grade. I was didn't know anything about him, I was completely clueless. I didn't know what this guy was going to be like. Then later on at recess he walks up to me and starts talking about some online video game called Battle On. I didn't know what that was, but I pretended that I did just so that he would feel left out in the class. So I was there listening to everything he said about that game in which I was completely oblivious to. I learned he was from Quantum last year. Weeks passed and started hangout a lot in school. Playing trading cards like Yu-Gi-Oh  and Pokemon cards. We talked about a lot of things; where ever our imagination took us. We never fought, until we were in the sixth grade. We fought about something stupid. He made fun of me because I was Canadian, and that pissed me off. So I punched him in the eye and I left his left eye purple. The pain ended eventually when he came to my house and apologized, but the feeling was still there. It marked him. It left a mark, a mark that told him that he shouldn't mess with a best friend. When we were in the seventh grade, I learned that he was going to transfer to another school next semester. It pained me to know that he was leaving the school. The closest friend I had was going to leave. He was going to go to BSM (British School of Manila). No more everyday jokes and laughs. I had to walk alone everyday now. I had to go home all by myself and it just wasn't the same ever since he left   
It had been three years since he left DPS. We've only hung out when he came back to Gensan on his breaks like Semester, Christmas and Summer break. Last summer, I joined the golf club in Gensan, and that's how I met John. I met John as a fellow golf mate in the tournament. He was pretty good, just not that good compared to me (that was a joke). He was a pretty fun loving guy. He was always happy and smiling. It was like God gave him an unlimited supply of blessings. When the tournament ended, we had lunch at the clubhouse at the golf course. We sat down and I learned he was from Quantum. So I asked him about Rain. I found out that I wasn't the first best-friend Rain had. John was the original friend of Rain. I asked him when was the last time he meet him. The last time He met Rain was last 2 years ago at his house. I learned that Rain and John were very close friends when they were classmates since the first and second grade. Rain would spend hours at his house and play tag and hide and seek while John's older brother would play the Playstation. Then like what happened to me. It happened to John. Rain moved to DPS after the second grade.

Last August, we had a reunion. A Quantum and DPS reunion. Though only two of Rain's classmates in Quantum came we still had fun at Veranze where that picture of us was taken. 3 friends who had similar fates, met each other by chance. John met Rain, Rain met me and I met John. This is a small world.


No comments:

Post a Comment