03 October, 2013

The Brothers

For more than 10 years, I've been very close to these guys. That's me in the middle and my two cousins, who happen to be brothers, have been one of the closest friends I'd ever have. We date back year ago when they first came to our house and spoke in English. I understood English from cartoons on T.V. but when these two guys came the only phrase I knew how to say in front of them was "wait for me". It was a bit embarrassing, but it showed how determined I was to make friends even if I didn't know their language.

Ever since I started hanging out with the youngest, Carlton (left), I've been watching more American cartoons and started speaking in English. This guy taught me how to live life the way I wanted it. Going home from school, we started throwing away our H.W. from our bags and out of the window of the car going home. Our moms started to wonder why our envelopes were empty. We didn't tell them and they didn't know what we did. He was a bit of a bad influence to me, but I didn't try to blend in with him. Since he taught me how to live life the way I wanted it. I began to be more of myself than to follow everything he says.

The on the right is the older brother, Charlie. He was more of the leader type and that we both followed what he said because he was the eldest. He was the coolest guy I knew when I was young because he would always top us in everything, especially in video games where he would always win versus and build a better character in MMORPGs. This guy taught me how to become a leader and to become determined to what I do. Without this guy, then there would be no one else to try and top. To get above him was always my goal, and this is what made me today, someone who's determined to do things and never stop trying. Since he was the leader, we would always try to rebel against him. He was always being to be cool and we hated it sometimes. He taught me how to stand up for myself so that I could be a better person.

These guys, I admit, were rascals. But without them in my life then who would have taught me the things I've learned from them? I wouldn't have been the person I am today and the son my parents take pride in. I would have been weak and scrawny without a base to stand on like a twig fallen of from a branch, isolated. They're the reason why I stand up and live life happily, I thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment