16 October, 2013

The Thoughts on Fireworks

                             
What do you think of when you hear the word fireworks? Is it just the lights and the colors that rush to the sky and produce thunder like sounds when they explode in mid-air creating art? To me, fireworks isn't just that. When I think about fireworks, I remembered the time when I was still a young boy. The time where my father took me to see them at my grandparent's house on his shoulders. Seeing the lights and the colors flash before my eyes was amazing. Seeing flowers of fire bloom in the sky producing booms and crackles after the ignition.

I still carry that feeling all the time. When I ace the test or when I get excited over an event or when we win. The feeling will never rest in peace. It's the thrill and adrenaline that forces it comeback to me like a rocket of nitro bursting out of a cars engine, just waiting to get to the finish line. It's when your heart stops for a moment so that your mind can focus on what is actually happening. When you are hugged or when you are kissed it bursts out 10 times grater then acing a test. It changes the way you see the world. Your pupils dilate and the word seems slower for a second.

Fireworks is what I see in my mind whenever I get hugged or kiss. I don't know why though but it just is. It's that wild feeling you have and the joy inflating and when it is finally popped, joy packed molecules bounce around everywhere in your head so fast that they create light images. The feeling of being so happy that you just couldn't control it that it starts to form pictures in your head. Overjoyed with positive energy that your mind goes wild with ineffable explanation of such that all you could think of is that day you rode on your father's shoulders to see the fireworks up close, delighted and astonished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment